Wednesday, December 6, 2006

This is our receptionist, Pam. If you think she's cute now, you should have seen her a couple years ago.

I watch a lot of TV and among all the shows I watch, which I will go over once I finish the list of overrated movies, "The Office" is my favorite. Not only that, but I think the British version of "The Office", might be the best and smartest television comedy of all time. Not necessarily the funniest, but the existential drama of the show is something I have never seen in a comedy. The American Office might be consistently more funny, though the "Training" episode of the British Office is the funniest and most rewatchable thing I have ever seen on TV, but the price is that it does not quite mirror real life as truly. I am going to get into this subject in far greater detail in the future, but I just wanted post something and then point out some excellent links on the subject:

Tad Friend of The New Yorker discusses both shows. (from Officetally.com)

Travis Hoover of Film Freak Central (my go to place for movie reviews) reviews seasons one, two and the Christmas Special of the British Office. I don't necessarily agree with his opinion of the Christmas Special, but it is all a great read.

Best of all, here is David Brent showing the chops that allowed him to open for a little Scottish outfit called Texas.

No comments: